The Effects of Aging
For thousands of years, people have tried to reverse the effects of aging. The ancient Chinese, Greeks, and Egyptians all tried to make themselves look and feel younger. Aging affects every part of our lives. We are powerless to stop many of these changes but, as our technology advances, we have discovered ways to slow some and maintain the quality of life that we enjoyed in our 20s and 30s. One area where we’ve made great technological strides in the last decade is vaginal rejuvenation
Often, aging and childbirth can have negative physical effects on the vagina. Stretching, dryness, incontinence, and loss of sensitivity are common. Until recently, vaginal rejuvenation required surgical procedures. As with any surgical procedure, these surgeries are invasive, often painful, and require recovery time. There are also risks associated with these surgeries, such as infection, ongoing pain, or scarring.
Fortunately, there is an alternative to surgery. It’s called ThermiVa®.
What does ThermiVa® do?
There are five common symptoms of aging that ThermiVa® is used to treat:
- Stress Incontinence – ThermiVa® reduces leakage caused by physical exertion, sneezing, coughing, running, or other activities that put pressure on the bladder.
- Vaginal Dryness – ThermiVa® reduces internal and external vaginal dryness caused by menopause, childbirth, immune disorders, hormone therapy, or cancer treatments.
- Vaginal Laxity – ThermiVa® tightens the vagina for improved appearance and increased sensation during intercourse
- Vulvar Laxity – ThermiVa® reduces the sagging of the labial tissue. This element of the procedure gives a more pleasing aesthetic appearance.
- Orgasmic Dysfunction – ThermiVa® increases vaginal sensitivity and stimulates the muscles for stronger, better-coordinated contractions.
How does ThermiVa® work?
For years, radio-frequency treatments have been used to smooth and tighten skin—visibly reducing lines and wrinkles. More recently, doctors have been using radio-frequency to heal muscle and soft tissue because it promotes the production of collagen. This is how ThermiVa® works. As it turns out, thicker more resilient skin is an added benefit.
ThermiVa® heats the skin and mucosa. This causes collagen fibers to retract, rejuvenating its elasticity and causing the labia and vagina to shrink in size. The treatment also upregulates the clitoral nerves, which makes orgasm easier to achieve.
What does the procedure involve?
The treatment, which takes 30-35 minutes, is completely painless. Your doctor uses a temperature-controlled applicator to perform the procedure. This a single-use thin wand that is thrown away after the procedure. The doctor gently heats each area of treatment to a carefully controlled temperature. There is no downtime and no recovery time. It’s just that easy. Normally, three treatments over the first three months are standard. After that, you’ll want to come back in for touch-ups, but that won’t be for a year or so.
How do I sign up?
If you’d like more information about ThermiVa®, or if this procedure sounds like it might be right for you, contact Profile MD today at 410-544-4600.